Insights into Air Cargo in Guatemala

Between January and September of this year a total of 45.2 million kilos have been transported, almost 6% more than in the first nine months of 2016.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

From Agexport's "Logistic Monitor" newsletter: 

Air cargo movement - September 2017  

Based on data compiled by the COMBEXIM, an analysis of air cargo movement in Guatemala was made in September 2017. It points out that the country has transported a total of 45 million 296 thousand 579 kilos, that is to say 5.6% more than the amount of kilos transported up to September 2016 (42,855,724 kilos). In the first section of this edition will be an analysis of the movement of general air cargo, highlighting the main destinations, products and airlines.  Subsequently, an analysis will be carried out of the main airports to which cargo is sent and the behavior of air exports in recent years.

By air, Guatemala has sent and received cargo to and from more than 85 destinations.
 To the main destinations, the following products are sent: 
• United States - fruits, textiles, vegetables, flowers and plants, fish, mail and courier packages, handicrafts and other foodstuffs. 
• The United Kingdom - vegetables, fruits, live plants, textiles and oils. 
• Panama - cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, printed matter and vegetables.
• Holland - vegetables, live plants, textile articles, foliage and fruit.
• Costa Rica - printed material, flowers, pharmaceuticals and textile articles. 

See full newsletter (in Spanish).

More on this topic

Guatemala and Exports by Air

April 2018

In 2017, air exports totaled 33 thousand tons, of which 59% corresponded to perishable cargo and the remaining 41% to non-perishable cargo.

The Guatemalan Association of Exporters reported that " ...The United States continues to be the main destination for air exports, however markets have gradually diversified." 

Who and How Much in Maritime Cargo in Guatemala

April 2017

In 2016, 281 million TEUS were mobilized, 10% more than in 2015, and the shipping companies Great White Fleet Ltd and Dole Ocean Cargo Express transported most of the cargo.

From Agexport's "Logistic Monitor" newsletter:

Using information downloaded from the PIERS platform, an analysis was carried out of cargo container movement from Guatemala to the United States. The data indicates that in 2016 a total of 281,010 TEUs were transported, 10% more than in 2015. 93.7% of exports entered through one of the 15 main destination ports whose respective growth is detailed below.   

Guatemala: Economic Disaster Caused by Customs Blockades

November 2016

The union of exporters has reported losses of $145 million, and more than 12,000 shipping containers held up because of the blockades which have now been going on for more than a week.

Reports indicate that two shipping companies have suspended operations at the ports and announced they will not disembark because of "inability to ensure the safety of their staff."This is just one example of the serious damage caused to in the country by the blockades and demonstrations held by truckers for almost a week at customs offices and ports in Guatemala.

Honduras: New Airport and Agricultural Exports

April 2016

Honduran businessmen project that exports will increase when the new airport starts operating, and they are negotiating with the concessionaire for the cargo area to be larger than planned.

Exporting companies are those that have the highest expectations for the construction of the new international airport, the construction and operation of which has now been granted in concession to the Spanish company EMCO.

 close (x)

Receive more news about International Commerce

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Professional ink refill franchise for sale

Ink and toner refills with latest generation machinery exclusively for the franchisee in Central America, investment opportunity with fast return.
Ink and toner refills with latest generation machinery...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jul 20)
Brent Crude Oil
73.070
Coffee "C"
114.05
Gold
1,232
Silver
15.5