The Tour Operator Business in Nicaragua

In 2016 tour operators handled the arrival of 58,000 tourists who spent an average of $140 per day, and also provided their services to another 66,000 visitors who arrived on their own.

Monday, February 12, 2018

According to the study "Impact of Tour Operators in the Development of Tourism in Nicaragua", prepared by the American University (UAM) and the National Chamber of Tourism of Nicaragua (Canatur) " ... 58% of the tour operators that are working in the country were founded after the year 2000 and 41% correspond to the year 2015, which indicates that this sector is booming as an option for the local development of many departments in Nicaragua."

See also: "Nicaragua and Tourism in 2018"

Regarding the prices offered by the operators in their tour packages, Iris Saldívar, a researcher at the Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences at the UAM, told Elnuevodiario.com.ni that "... 'Generally, prices of $400 are from companies that offer package tours of two to three days. And in the case of the $1,800 days, those are tourists who stay between 7 and 8 days' ."

Regarding the location of tourism companies, the article states that "... 93% pay more attention to the Nicaraguan Pacific (Granada, San Juan del Sur, Leon, Ometepe and Masaya). Only the remaining 7% serve the Caribbean area, where the most visited destination is Corn Island, with 23%."

Do you need more information about your business sector?

Request more information about our services:

Name:

Last Name:

Company:

Title:

Phone:

Email:

Comments:

More on this topic

Crisis Overwhelms Tourism

September 2018

The union has reported that five months after the outbreak of the social and political crisis in Nicaragua, the country has lost about 68,000 of the 120,000 jobs generated by the sector.

The National Chamber of Tourism (Canatur) presented a report highlighting the impact of the country's social and political crisis on the tourism sector.  

Tourism in Nicaragua: Optimism Grows for 2018

March 2018

After the year 2017 provided the sector with income of $840 million, 31% more than in 2016, the union has carried out a new review and plans to generate up to $900 million this year.

At the beginning of the year the union of tourism entrepreneurs established its projections at $830 million for 2018, however, after seeing the official figures that revealed that the sector generated revenues of $840 million in 2017, the new figure expected for this year has been raised to $900 million.

Meeting of Cruise Operators in El Salvador

January 2015

The Central Rail Summit 2015 will be held in El Salvador, from May 13th to 15th, where it is expected that 15 corporations from the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association will be involved.

The Salvadoran Chamber of Tourism (CASATUR) hopes to have the participation of 30 union members who will be publicizing various tour packages offered by shipping lines.

Guatemala Travel Market 2012

October 2012

From 26 to 27 November the Guatemala Travel Market Expo & Conference 2012 will take place at the Grand Tikal Futura Hotel.

The event is being organized by the Guatemalan Chamber of Tourism and the Guatemalan Tourism Institute, and aims to be a window for promoting the country as a tourist destination and a platform for generating business among participants in the tourism sector.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Tourism

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Gluten-free food business for sale

Operating Company dedicated to the manufacture of gluten-free and sugar-free products, OHNE brand.
The OHNE brand has 8 product lines: square bread, sweet...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Nov 22)
Brent Crude Oil
62.52
Coffee "C"
114.65
Gold
1,465
Silver
17.065