SunEdison Buys Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy

Actis and Mesoamerica have agreed to sell SunEdison 100% of its interest in Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy, which operates in the area of ​​renewable energy plants.

Friday, June 19, 2015

From a statement issued by Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy:

Actis and Mesoamerica, investment and consultancy firms based in Costa Rica and Colombia have agreed to sell 100% of their combined interest in Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy (GME), a leader in the business of wind energy and solar energy in Central America, to SundEdison. SunEdison is the largest developer of renewable energy in the world.

Actis bought a 70% stake in GME in 2010, acquiring the first wind farm in Latin America, Planta Eólica Tilarán (PESA) in Costa Rica; Mesoamerica Energy acquired the remaining 30%. Since that acquisition, Actis and Mesoamerica have fueled the growth of GME from 24MW in functioning to 314MW in operation and construction, 80MW in the late development and appropriating a pipeline of nearly 300 MW in the region. GME is led by an exceptional management team, with over 100 years experience in renewable energy and operates worldwide in construction and environmental, social and governance standards, with strong links to local communities.

More on this topic

Guatemalans Buy Wind Farm in Honduras

January 2017

In a transaction whose amount was not disclosed, Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy and Actis sold 100% of the equity of the 125 MW wind farm Cerro Hula to Corporacion Multi Inversiones.

From a press release by Actis Energy:

Actis, a leading growth markets investor, and Mesoamerica, a Latin american investment management firm, today announced the sale of their stake in Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy (GME) to Corporacion Multi Inversiones (CMI) a corporation of Central American origin with activities across 13 countries. CMI is acquiring a combined 100% stake from Actis and Mesoamerica.

Honduras: $146 million for 81.7 MW Solar Park

December 2014

The company SunEdison has obtained a multilateral international loan to build three photovoltaic power generation plants with a combined capacity of 81.7 MW.

From a statement released by the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (BCIE):

BELMONT, California, Dec. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SunEdison Inc.

The Push for Wind Power in Costa Rica

October 2014

The wind power projects currently under development in the country by national and foreign investors have a combined capacity of 185 MW.

Data from the Costa Rican Electricity Institute (ICE) shows that during 2013 energy from renewable sources accounted for 88% of total production in the country.

Globeleq Acquires 70% of Energías Renovables de Mesoamérica

January 2010

Globeleq Generation Limited acquired 70% of Energías Renovables de Mesoamérica S.A., owner, operator and developer of wind projects in Central America.

ERM owns and operates a 23MW wind energy plant in Tilaran, Costa Rica and is developing in Honduras, the Cerro de Hula wind energy project with a designed capacity of 100MW. Additionally, ERM owns the rights of several potential renewable energy projects in the region.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Energy

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Jan 15)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"