Salvadoran Coffee Exports Down 40%

August's drop in exports was the highest in the 2008/09 coffee season.

Monday, September 14, 2009

87.706 quintals were exported in August, down from 145.946 sold during the same period of 2008, according to preliminary data from the Salvadoran Coffee Council (CSC).

"In the 11 months of the current season, exports dropped 8% in volume, and 8.9% in money, reported CSC".

Market Intelligence

Everything about coffee exports in El Salvador.

Top exporters - Quantities, amounts and prices.

more info

More on this topic

Salvadoran Coffee Exports Down 39%

September 2012

As of August exports totaled 1,322,330 qq., 39.6% less than in the same period last year when they reached 2,190,691 qq., according to information from the Salvadoran Coffee Council.

As for income, the drop was was 31.6%, falling to $302.9 million for the current period compared to $441.6 in the previous cycle.

Coffee Exports Affected by Delays in Harvest

December 2009

November 2009 exports where 55.6% less than the same period of 2008.

In November 2009, the country sold 13.960 coffee quintals, a sharp drop when compared to same period of 2008, when 31.457 were sold, according data from the Salvadoran Coffee Council (CSC).

"15.7% of the coffee exported in October-November 2009 corresponds to specialty coffees, while the remaining 84.3% is commercial and inferior coffees", reports

Guatemalan Coffee Exports Keeps Dropping

August 2009

Fine Coffee exports were 14.6% less in July 2009 than the same period of 2008.

When analyzing the entire coffee season 2008/09, the National Coffee Association (Anacafé) reports a 8.1% drop.

"According to the organization, local growers exported 340.871 kilograms in July, 14.6% less than July 2008, when almost 400.000 kilograms were exported", reports

Salvadoran Coffee Exports Down by 23.5% Salvadoran

May 2009

According to the Salvadoran Coffee Council, exports totaled 183,113 60-kilogram bags for the month of April.

Total exports of this crop (October to April) also fell by 7.44% for a total of 773,875 60-kilogram bags.

La Prensa Grafica published on its website: "El Salvador expects to produce 1.4 million bags 60-kilogram bags of coffee for the 2008/09 harvest, a figure lower than the 1.5 million bags during the 2007/08 cycle, according to figures."

 close (x)

Receive more news about Agronomy

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

Costa Rica – One Only - Development Property and Coffee Farm

This property has it all! Ocean views, streams, waterfalls, forest, profitable coffee production, convenience, seclusion, titled lots, electricity, water, road access, perfect weather.
Fantastic, hard to find - Ocean views from every lot,...

Government Procurement
Opportunities in the region

bid deadline

Dec 14
Dec 14
Dec 14
Dec 14
Dec 14
Dec 14

Stock Indexes

(Dec 14)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Dec 15)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"