Panama Publishes Bidding Rules for Metro

When choosing the builder of the first line of Panama’s Metro transportation system, 65% of the points will be awarded on technical aspects, and 35% on a lower price basis.

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Metro Secretary informed that they will use the same procedure as with the Panama Canal expansion: technical proposals will be evaluated first, after which the economic bids will be announced.

65% of the points will go to the technical proposals, while the remaining 35% to the proposed economic terms.

“The participating consortiums must submit their bids on July 30, and the winner must deliver the project on December 2013”, reported Prensa.com.

More on this topic

Contract to Build Panamanian Metro Signed

November 2010

The Panama Metro Department and Consorcio Línea 1 signed last Friday the contract for the construction of Metro Line 1.

The project will stretch 13.6 kilometers and will be built from Los Andes, San Miguelito district, to the Albrook bus terminal, so the president made a special request to Panamanians in order for them to have patience with the changes which will happen as a consequence of the Metro works.

FCC-Odebrecht to Build Panamanian Metro

October 2010

Line 1 Consortium was awarded construction of the first line of the Panama Metro.

The winning consortium's proposal was $ 1,446 million, higher than the one presented by Italian Group Metro Panama which was 1,401 million.

Prensa.com reports, "However, the proposed technical qualification by Line 1 Consortium, which was more important, received 578 points and his opponent 358 points."

Panamanian Metro Out to Tender on April 26

April 2010

Next Monday, the Metro Secretary will unveil the bidding rules for designing and building the first line of the Panamanian Metro.

Three prequalified consortiums will be invited to bid: CIMA, “Consorcio Línea Uno” and “Grupo Italiano Metro Panamá”.

For the time being, they will not include another consortium, “Consorcio Metro de Panama”, who filed a claim against the Metro Secretary decision of excluding them from the process. According to the report, this group was ruled out as it head company lacked a minimum $750 million of net capital.

7 Companies Interested In Panamanian Metro

March 2010

They are CIMA, “Línea 1”, SNC Lavalín International Inc, “Grupo Italiano Metro Panamá”, Panametro, “Metro de Panamá”, and “PTY Metro”.

These companies will go through a prequalification process, and on March 8th authorities will announce the names of those selected to participate in the public bidding process for building the Metro system.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Infraestructure & Construction

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company,...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Oct 15)
Brent Crude Oil
79.91
Coffee "C"
122.20
Gold
1,231
Silver
14.745