Panama: Housing Market Figures in 2015

Out off the 8,232 homes sold in 2015, 76% was sold at prices lower than $120.000, 18% at prices between $120,000 and $350,000 and the remaining 6% above $350,000.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Figures from the National Board of Housing Developers (Convivienda) show that home sales for the year totalled more than $900 million.

From the report "Convivienda Results Projections for 2015 and 2016"

- 89% of homes sold under the Preferred Interest Act scheme, corresponded to preferential interest homes, and the remaining 11% to Social Interest homes.

- In 2016 Convivienda expects to sell 10,503 homes and generate over $1.1 billion in sales.

See full report.

Are you interested in construction projects in Central America?

Receive information about our monthly report including a complete list of all the major and most important construction projects seeking government authorization.

Request more information:









this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Real Estate Fair: $180 Million in Business Agreed

September 2019

At the Expo Capac in Panama, 2,100 homes were sold, and mortgage transactions for nearly $180 million were achieved, surpassing the projections of the organizers by 50%.

This year was attended by 400 exhibitors who presented some 600 real estate projects and the support of 14 mortgage banks, public and private, which closed buying and selling procedures with thousands of visitors who came together during the five days of the fair event, reported the Panamanian Chamber of Construction (CAPAC).

Real Estate Market: Ambitious Projections for 2018

April 2018

This year in Panama realtors expect to sell 9,000 homes and generate $1.146 billion, which would be a 34% increase compared to the value sold last year.

The National Council of Housing Promoters (Convivienda) plans to sell 8,958 units of housing nationwide this year, after having sold 7,219 units last year.

Housing Market in Panama: What to Expect in 2017

March 2017

This year the union of housing developers plans to build 10,958 houses and apartments and generate sales of $979 million, 23% more than in 2016.

Figures from the National Council of Housing Promoters (Convivienda) indicate that in 2016, 8,864 houses were built and sales of $793 million were made, an increase of almost 8% compared to 2015. 

Panama: $180 million Traded at Expovivienda

April 2016

During the event 2,575 mortgages were sold, among which social and middle class housing stood out the most, with prices ranging between $40,000 and $80,000.

The figures provided by the Panamanian Chamber of Construction (Capac) again reflect the growing need for housing that exists in the country, mainly in middle class and lower class segment.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Infrastructure & Construction

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Costa Rica ECO-Residential Development & Business

Real Estate Development & Adventure Park Jacó, Costa Rica. Multiple Investment Opportunities Available.
The Ocean Ranch eco-residential development is located...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jul 23)
Brent Crude Oil
73.36
Coffee "C"
194.95
Gold
1,802
Silver
25.225