Upcoming Public Works in Central America

A housing complex in Honduras, a road in Panama and the expansion of a hospital in Costa Rica are some of the construction projects planned in the region.

Monday, April 2, 2018

The interactive system "Construction in Central America", compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData, includes an up to date list of public and private construction projects that are planned to be built in the region.

Detail of some of the Environmental Impact Studies recently presented:

The Presidential Social Protection Program Unit of Honduras submitted an EIA to build, in the department of Yoro, a residential complex of which 80% will be multi-family dwellings and the remaining 20% single-family homes. According to the document, the project is called "Complejo Residencial Morazán" and the approximate global investment will be $350 million.

The Ministry of Public Works in Panama submitted a study to design and build the expansion of the Pan-American Highway, on the Puente de las Américas - Vía Centenario stretch, located in Arraiján, province of Panamá Oeste. According to the EIA for this project, about $335 million will be invested.

The Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social plans to build a building that will be part of Hospital Mexico, in La Uruca, province of San José. The facilities will include operating rooms in the delivery unit and the intensive care unit. The document states that $30 million will be invested.

CentralAmericaData provides information on construction projects to be developed in Central America, with details such as estimated investment amount, times and phases of the project, supplies and equipment that will be required during and after construction, water treatment, and parking structure, among other things.

Are you interested in construction projects in Central America?

Receive information about our monthly report including a complete list of all the major and most important construction projects seeking government authorization.

Request more information:









this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

$1.7 Billion Investments in Residential Construction

May 2021

In 2020, 172 environmental impact studies were submitted to develop condominiums, apartment buildings and other housing projects in Central American countries.

The interactive platform "Construction in Central America", by CentralAmericaData's Business Intelligence Area, provides an updated list of public and private construction projects that have submitted environmental impact studies (EIA) to the respective institutions in each country.

Residential Construction: $2 billion in New Projects

September 2019

In the first half of 2019, 178 environmental impact studies were presented to develop condominiums, apartment buildings and other housing projects in Central American countries.

The interactive platform "Construction in Central America", compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData, includes an up to date list of public and private construction projects for which environmental impact studies (EIA) were submitted to the respective institutions of each country.

Residential Construction: $615 million in Projects

January 2019

During October 2018, 41 environmental impact studies were presented in Central American countries to develop condominiums, apartment buildings and other housing projects.

The interactive platform "Construction in Central America", compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData, includes an up to date list of public and private construction projects for which environmental impact studies (EIA) were submitted to the respective institutions of each country.

Central America: $4 billion for Residential Projects

April 2018

In 2017, 437 environmental impact studies were presented in countries in the region in order to develop vertical and horizontal housing projects.

The interactive platform "Construction in Central America", compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData, includes an up to date list of public and private construction projects for which environmental impact studies (EIA) were submitted to the respective institutions in each country.