Nicaragua: Stock Transactions Up 35 %

Between January and April transactions on the Stock Exchange of Nicaragua were registered worth $439 million, more than the $326 million traded in the same period in 2013.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bonds issued by the Central Bank of Nicaragua are among the most attractive securities, with over $20 million in volumes traded in April alone, according to the Stock Exchange of Nicaragua (BVN). In total, deals of $67.1 million were recorded that month, representing an increase of 75% compared to the volume in April 2013.

According to Eduardo Ortega, General Manager of Invercasa Puesto de Bolsa "up until April last year $326 million had been negotiated, we must remember that 2013 was the year in which new products were unveiled which helped strengthen the stock market, that is why this year we are seeing a greater volume being traded."

"The executive said that in April the issuances of securities from the public sector accounted for 96.84 percent of the total volume traded on the stock market, while the remaining 3.16 percent was made through private sector issues."

¿Busca soluciones de inteligencia comercial para su empresa?

More on this topic

Nicaragua: Stock Exchange Transactions Up 30% in 2016

January 2017

Trading volume last year reached $1.526 billion, 30% more than what was traded in 2015.

The repo market accounted for most of the volume traded in the stock market in 2016, with an increase over 2015 of 33%. The volume traded in these instruments was 382 million, while in 2015  $289 million was traded.

Nicaragua: Stock Market Trading Down 29%

April 2015

During the first three months of the year $263 million were traded in the stock market, 29.3% less than the amount traded in the same period last year.

So far this year, of the total trading volume, 85% was public sector emissions and 14.7% was securities issued by the private sector.

Nicaragua 2014: Stock Exchange Up 43%

January 2015

Last year the amount of transactions recorded was $997 million, with highlights including 32% growth in trading in the primary market.

The good performance of the Nicaraguan economy has been accompanied by a sharp rise in the stock market, where a significant dynamism was seen, mainly in the primary market where securities have been traded for the first time.

Nicaragua: Government Bonds Pay Up to 8%

April 2014

The capital market in Nicaragua is offering more and better investments with better returns than months ago.

Yields paid on investments in debt securities in the Nicaraguan local market have attracted the interest of investors. In the first three months of the year 29% more stock market transactions were made than in the same period in 2013.