Nicaragua: New Flights Ometepe Island

An announcement has been made of the arrival, starting May 29, of two flights per week from Managua to the new airport on the island of Ometepe.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The airfield which had an investment of more than $10 million, will receive La Costeña, an air carrier which will operate flights on Thursdays and Sundays, at a cost of $100 per roundtrip ticket.

"La Costeña's entry to the island is a response to the demand by tourism entrepreneurs for this destination, who requested the activation of this airfield, which has an extension measuring 1,500 meters long and 30 wide."

"We are adding more a tourist destinations and we want them to see how good the airport is that has been built," said Alfredo Caballero, General Manager of the company. 70% of the tourists come to the island from Europe and the U.S., and the other 30% is domestic, according to industry data."



More on this topic

New Flights Between Costa Rica and Fort Lauderdale

November 2017

Southwest Airlines has started operating a new daily flight between San Jose and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in South Florida.

The inaugural flight left on Sunday, November 5 at 11:30 hrs. from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, and arrived at Juan Santamaría International Airport in San José, Costa Rica, at 1:30 p.m. The new route will offer a daily flight. 

More Flights Between Guatemala and Belize

October 2017

The airline TAG has announced that it will start operating the direct flights 902 and 901 between Guatemala City and Belize, from Monday to Friday.

Prensalibre.com reported that "...In addition, TAG Airlines also communicated to its commercial partners about the qualification of flights 600 and 601 between Flores and the tourist destination El Mirador, which can be connected to from any flight from Guatemala and are available from Monday to Sunday."

More Air Connectivity with Europe

May 2017

The number of air routes operating between Panama and Europe grew by 62% between 2013 and 2016, and the number of passengers in transit increased from 373,000 to 735,000 in the same period.

The main European destinations that could be flown to from Panama a few years ago were Paris, Madrid and Amsterdam, but recently new routes to cities such as Istanbul and Frankfurt have been added. Figures from Tocumen International Airport show that the number of passengers traveling to and from the European continent has grown steadily in recent years, as has the number of aircraft that fly.

Costa Rica Wants More Italian Tourists

May 2017

Through an agreement with Iberia flight connections will be improved from Rome and Milan to Madrid - San José, in order to connect both cities with San Jose.

A statement from the Costa Rican Tourism Institute says that in order to improve conditions of the connections between Madrid and the Italian cities of Rome and Milan, the airline Iberia will be taking the following measures:

 close (x)

Receive more news about Tourism

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Coffee Farm,20 ocean view lots, waterfalls, $100,000 profit

Has everything. Ocean views, waterfalls, 20 titled building sites, profits, end of the road privacy but close to everything. Less than an hour to shopping, medical services, beaches, airport.
Spring and summer all year, in the 70s – 80s, fresh...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Oct 20)
Brent Crude Oil
42.77
Coffee "C"
108.10
Gold
1,900
Silver
24.545