Nicaragua: Public Debt Increases 5%

In the first six months of 2018, the country's public debt grew by 5%, going from $6.487 billion at the end of 2017 to $6.828 billion at the end of June.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Of the total public debt, 83% corresponded to public sector debt with external creditors (US $5.6448 billion) and the remaining 17% to debt with the Central Government and Central Bank of Nicaragua with the national private sector (US $1.1835 billion). 

According to a report by the Central Bank of Nicaragua regarding the composition by debtor, most of the public liabilities correspond to the Central Government (68.2%), followed by the Central Bank (31.0%) and the rest to the Public Sector (0.8%). 

The report adds: "... In the first semester of 2018, Nicaragua's public sector honored debt of 7.4205 billion dollars, of which 98.4 percent was destined to paying for domestic debt and the remaining 1.6 percent to external debt payments. Meanwhile, servicing of the total public debt, excluding the payment of short-term bills of the Central Bank of Nicaragua (BCN), represented 51.7 percent of the tax revenues collected during the same period."

See full report (In Spanish).

More on this topic

Nicaragua: External Debt Up 2%

September 2018

At the end of the second quarter of the year, the country reported that the total external debt amounted to $11.728 billion, an amount that exceeds by 1.9% what was recorded at the end of 2017.

Nicaragua's total external debt totaled 11.728 billion dollars, of which 6.0832 billion corresponds to the private sector and 5.6448 billion to the public sector. Total external debt increased by 175.7 million dollars (1.5%), compared to the first quarter of 2018, reported the Central Bank of Nicaragua. 

Increase in External Debt up to I Semester 2018

July 2018

At the end of June 2018, Nicaragua's public external debt amounted to $5.645 billion, 2% more than was reported at the end of 2017.

The Central Bank of Nicaragua reported that as of June the public external debt totaled US $5.6447 billion, which represented a net increase of US $35.6 million with respect to the previous month.

Public Debt Starts the Year on the Rise

June 2018

Explained by obligations with national creditors, between December 2017 and March 2018, the debt increased from $6.487 billion to $6.727 billion, registering an increase of 3.7%.

The Central Bank of Nicaragua reported that as of March 2018 " ...

Panama: Public Debt Grows 13%

May 2018

Between the months of April 2017 and 2018, the country's public debt rose from $21.922 million to $24.8 million, which is equivalent to an increase of 13%.

According to figures from the Ministry of Economy and Finance in Panama, in the first four months of the year, debt has also reported an increase, rising from $23.373 billion recorded at the beginning of January to $24.8 billion computed at the end of April, which represents a 6% increase.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Public Finance

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Management software for construction companies

O4Bi is a system that allows to control and manage what a company needs: the complete process of development of works, accounts receivable, treasury, banks, sales and accounting.
O4Bi is a very robust system that allows to control and...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(May 21)
Brent Crude Oil
71.450
Coffee "C"
91.100
Gold
1,271
Silver
14.35