More Business between Guatemala and Honduras

In 2018, trade between the two countries totaled $968 million, 6% more than in 2017.

Friday, January 25, 2019

Figures from the Secretariat of Central American Economic Integration (Sieca), specify that last year 82% of trade between the two countries was for sales from Guatemala to Honduras, and the remaining 18% from Honduras to Guatemala.

Elperiodico.com.gt reviews that "... Sieca indicated that, according to Fyduca data, the main transfers, formerly known as exports, of goods from Guatemala to Honduras were bakery products, pastries or biscuits (8.8 percent of the total); water, including mineral and aerated water (4.9); ceramic tiles and plates (4.7); toilet paper and similar papers, in rolls (3.9) and prepared sauces, condiments and seasonings (3.7)."

The article adds that "... From Honduras to Guatemala were soap, and organic preparations for skin washing (17.0 percent of the total); articles for plastic packaging (10.1); bakery products, pastry or biscuits (9.9); wheat or meslin flour (8.6); and foundry waste and scrap, of iron or steel (6.0)."

The increase in trade between these two Central American economies takes place within the framework of the implementation of the Customs Union, which has been in effect since June 2017.

Do you need more information about your business sector?

Request more information:








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Central America: Intra-regional trade increased 3%

October 2018

Trade in goods and services between the countries of the region amounted to $4.792 billion during the second quarter of the year, 3% more than in the same period of 2017.

Central America's total exports reached USD 16,299.7 million in the second quarter of 2018 and increased by 1.7% over the same period last year.

Central American Trade Figures - II Quarter of 2016

October 2016

In the second quarter, the region exported $14,440 million, of which 31% went to the intra-regional market and 69% to other markets.

From the Trade Monitor of the Economic Secretariat for Central American Integration (SIECA):

Central America, October 6, 2016. The dynamics of regional trade continue in a negative phase in terms of aggregate growth and internal results in many countries, however, when compared with that seen in the previous quarter a slowdown can be seen in retail trade.  

Implementation of Guatemala - Honduras Customs Union

May 2016

Customs Union between Guatemala and Honduras passes implementation phase after submission of the Enabling Protocol to SICA.

From a statement issued by the Secretariat of Central American Economic Integration:

Central, 4 May 2016. The Republics of Guatemala and Honduras, accompanied by the Secretariat of Central American Economic Integration (SIECA), officially delivered the Enabling Protocol for the Deep Integration Process into the free transit of goods and individuals between the two countries, for its submission to the General Secretariat of the Central American Integration System (SICA).

Financial Support for Honduras-Guatemala Customs Union

February 2016

The Central American Bank for Economic Integration has announced that this month it will deliver 55% of the funds required to implement the customs union between the two countries.

The funds pending for the implementation of the Customs Union between Guatemala and Honduras are being managed by the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (BCIE) for a total of $1.5 million for delivery in February.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Exports & imports

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Aug 7)
Brent Crude Oil
45.070
Coffee "C"
117.10
Gold
2,033
Silver
28.400