Liquid Milk: Regional Market Up 16%

In the last five years, liquid milk sales in Central America increased 16%, from $3,935 million in 2014 to about $4,566 million in 2019, growth that was boosted by the Costa Rican and Honduran markets.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Figures from the "Liquid Milk Market Snapshot" prepared by the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, detail that in the last five years the volume consumed at regional level of liquid milk registered an increase, since between 2014 and 2019 it is estimated that demand in Central America rose from 3,907 to 4,202 million liters.

The report states that by 2018, 97% of the volume of liquid milk consumed in Central American countries corresponded to local production, while the remaining 3% was imported.

During 2018, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras represented approximately 71% of regional liquid milk production, while the remaining 29% was produced in Guatemala, El Salvador and Panama.

Between 2008 and 2018, per capita consumption of liquid milk in Central American countries increased by only 3%, a decline that was boosted by the Costa Rican and Nicaraguan markets.

CentralAmericaData's "Liquid Milk Market Snapshot" has the most up-to-date information, which contains production figures and their destination, consumption and origin, prices, sales, per capita consumption and projections, with details at the regional level and by country.

Request access to this report








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Pork: Regional Market Figures

May 2020

In the last five years, pork consumption in Central America increased 42%, from 197,000 tons in 2014 to nearly 279,000 tons in 2019, growth that was boosted by the Salvadoran and Honduran markets.

Figures from the "Pork Market Snapshot" prepared by the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, detail that in the last two years’ regional consumption of pork registered a 3% increase, since between 2018 and 2019 it is estimated that demand in Central America rose from 270 thousand metric tons to 279 thousand tons.

Dairy: Regional Trade Still Rising

February 2020

From January to September 2019, trade in milk and dairy products among the countries of the region reached $245 million, 2% more than in the same period in 2018.

Figures from the Trade Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData: [GRAFICA caption="Click to interact with graphics"]

Costa Rica Consumes More Milk

June 2018

According to the sector's union, in 2017 consumption of milk and its derivatives reached 212 liters per capita, 33% above the level recommended by international health agencies.

According to the National Chamber of Milk Producers (Caprole), growth in milk production recorded in the country in recent years, is explained by an increase in domestic demand and a rise in exports to Central America and the Caribbean.

Central America: Record Figures in Milk and Dairy Trade

May 2018

In 2017, trade in milk and dairy products among countries in the region amounted to $306 million, 2% more than what was sold in 2016, and the highest value in the last six years.

Figures from the Information System on the Milk and Milk Products Market in Central America, compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData: [GRAFICA caption = "Click to interact with graph"]

 close (x)

Receive more news about Agriculture & Food

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Gluten-free food business for sale

Operating Company dedicated to the manufacture of gluten-free and sugar-free products, OHNE brand.
The OHNE brand has 8 product lines: square bread, sweet...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Oct 26)
Brent Crude Oil
40.81
Coffee "C"
109.35
Gold
1,902
Silver
24.410