Honduras: Foreign Debt Increases 5%.

As of November 2019, the external debt of the private sector reached Ch$1,722 million, which is 5% higher than that reported at the end of 2018.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

From the Central Bank of Honduras report:

At the end of November 2019, the total external debt (public and private) registered a balance of US$9,031.0 million, higher by US$14.7 million than the one presented in December 2018. This result is derived from a net use of US$56.1 million (higher disbursements than amortizations), partially offset by a favorable exchange variation that reduced the debt balance by US$41.4 million.

Per type of debtor, US$7,308.8 million (80.9%) corresponded to the public sector and US$1,722.2 million (19.1%) to the private sector. While, in the term structure, US$8,354.7 million (92.5%) was contracted in the long term and the remaining US$676.3 million (7.5%) in the short term.

Meanwhile, disbursements received by the private sector from January to November 2019 totaled US$1,196.0 million and those of the public sector US$216.7 million, totaling US$1,412.7 million, which meant US$482.7 million less than a similar period in 2018.

The external debt service cancelled in the analyzed period was lower by US$333.5 million than the one shown in the eleven months of 2018, to total US$1,611.4 million (69.5% of the private sector and 30.5% of the public sector). Of the total amount disbursed, US$1,356.6 million was for the amortization of principal and US$254.8 million for the payment of interest and commissions (financial costs).

See full report (in Spanish).

Do you need to keep track of the key economic indicators in Central America?

Request more information about our Regional Economic Monitor.








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Honduras: External Debt Increases to 2%

September 2019

Up to July 2019, the external debt of the public sector reached $7.310 million, a figure 2% higher than that reported in the same month of 2018.

From the Central Bank of Honduras report:

The public sector external debt balance was US$7,310.2 million at the end of July 2019, US$67.7 million less than at the end of 2018.

External Debt: Figures up to June 2019

August 2019

Regarding the figure for the end of the first half of 2018, up to June of this year the external debt of the public sector of Honduras increased by $163 million.

From the Central Bank of Honduras report:

At the end of the first semester of 2019, total external debt (public and private) registered a balance of US$9,035.1 million, higher by US$16.2 million compared to December 2018.

External Debt: Figures up to March 2019

June 2019

With regard to the figure for the end of the third month of 2018, up to March of this year the external debt of the public sector of Honduras increased by $151 million.

The balance of Honduras' total external debt stood at $9,008.7 million at the end of March 2019, $10.2 million less than that of December 2018, a result of a favorable exchange variation that reduced the balance by $12.9 million and net utilization of $2.7 million (disbursements received by $365.4 million, partially offset by capital payments of $362.7 million), explains a report by the Central Bank of Honduras (BCH).

Honduras: External Debt Up 3% in 2018

March 2019

At the end of last year, the public sector's external debt totaled $7.378 million, 3% more than the $7.145 million reported at the end of 2017.

The Public External Debt/Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Balance indicator at the end of 2018 stood at 30.5%, 0.6% lower than the figure reported at the end of 2017, informed the Central Bank of Honduras (BCH).

 close (x)

Receive more news about Banking

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Aug 11)
Brent Crude Oil
45.68
Coffee "C"
113.5
Gold
1,947
Silver
27.210