Heavy Duty Vehicles: Main Brands in the Region

Of the heavy transport vehicles circulating in Central American countries in the second quarter of 2019, 25% corresponded to the brands Hino, Mack, Ford, Mitsubishi and International.

Friday, August 9, 2019

Data from the report "Vehicular Fleet in Central America - 2nd Quarter 2019", from the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, provides details on the characteristics of the different vehicles that travel through the streets of Central American countries.

By Brand at Regional Level
According to Central American vehicle fleet records, of the total number of vehicles dedicated to heavy transport circulating in the countries of the region in the first half of the year, approximately 25% corresponded to the brands Freightliner, Isuzu, Nissan and Mercedes-Benz.

According to Brand and Country

Of the total number of heavy goods vehicles circulating in Costa Rica in the second quarter of the year, 29% corresponded to the brands International, Mack, Hino and Volvo.

In the case of Guatemala, the predominant brands are Hino, International, Isuzu and Mitsubishi, representing about 32% of the total units currently circulating.

In Panama it is reported that the brands Mack, Isuzu, Mitsubishi and International, represent 33% of the total units dedicated to heavy transport.

Refer to the new interactive report "Automotive Market in Central America" from CentralAmericaData, which includes updated figures and details on the auto parts market, new tires, vehicles of different types, aggregate figures of the vehicle fleet, tender information and sector news. All the information at regional level and by country.

Do you need more information about your business sector?

Request more information:








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Car Brands in Central America

June 2020

At the beginning of 2020, 25% of the automobile type vehicles circulating on the streets of Central American countries were of the KIA, Suzuki, Mazda and Nissan brands, while of the total of light cargo vehicles, Ford, Mitsubishi and Chevrolet monopolized 14%.

The report "Vehicles in Central America", from the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData collects the most updated information on the automotive market in Central American countries.

Cars and Motorcycles: Market Share in the Region

February 2020

At the end of 2019, 32% of the vehicles circulating on the streets of Central America were of the brands Toyota, Nissan and Hyundai, while Honda, Suzuki, Kia, Isuzu, Mazda and Ford shared 25% of the total.

The report "Vehicles in Central America", from the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData collects the most updated information on the automotive market in Central American countries.

What Vehicles Circulate in Guatemala?

February 2019

At the end of 2018, 86% of the units circulating in the Guatemalan streets were cars and light cargo vehicles, and the remaining 14% were heavy cargo and buses.

Data from the report "Vehicle Fleet in Guatemala up to the first quarter 2018" compiled by the Trade Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData, provides details on the characteristics of the different vehicles that transit the streets of Central American countries.

Heavy Duty Vehicles: What Brands Predominate?

December 2018

Freightliner, Isuzu, International and Toyota brands represented almost 40% of the heavy transport vehicles circulating in Central American countries up to September 2018.

Data from the report "Vehicle Fleet in Central America up to September 2018" by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData provides details on the features of the different vehicles traveling through the streets of Central American countries.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Auto Industry

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Heavy Equipment: Reps Wanted

Recognized Brazilian company of backhoe loaders, telescopic, articulated and other types of cranes looking for companies interested in representing the brand and distributing their machinery in Central America and Mexico.
The company manufactures and sells telescopic,...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Nov 26)
Brent Crude Oil
47.77
Coffee "C"
117.15
Gold
1,812
Silver
23.355