Guatemala to Participate in FOODEX 2014

Guatemalan businessmen are being encouraged to participate in the 39th edition of FOODEX 2014, in Japan.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

From a press release issued by the Guatemalan Association of Exporters (AGEXPORT):

The Ministry of Economy (MINECO), the School of Foreign Trade and the Department of Trade Promotion and Information AGEXPORT, with the support of the Japanese Embassy in Guatemala, the trade promotion office in Japan JETRO and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency JICA are to hold a Conference entitled: Opportunities and marketing strategies for exporting to Japan, with the aim of promoting trade between Japan and Guatemala.

Coffee, sesame and cardamom are three of the Guatemalan products consumed by Japanese people. This market, because of its size and diversity of demand, focuses on simple products, which are safe, healthy, economical, good quality and eco-friendly, is considered by Guatemalan businessmen as a major destination for non-traditional exports of the country.

¿Busca soluciones de inteligencia comercial para su empresa?

More on this topic

Guatemala: Trade Mission to South Korea

March 2016

Invitations have been extended to food and beverage companies, handicrafts, textiles, pharmaceuticals and services to participate in the first "Korea Trade" fair, from 21st to 26th of June 2016 in Seoul.

From a statement issued by Agexport:

Agexoport, the Inter-American Development Bank and the Guatemalan Korean Chamber of Commerce and member of the Export Council of Asia, are calling for Guatemalan companies to participate in the first trade mission "Korea Trade" from 21st to 26th of June 2016 in Seoul, South Korea.

Japan Seeks Food Suppliers

August 2014

The country is looking for suppliers of agricultural and food products to participate in the Foodex trade fair on March 3rd - 6th, 2015.

Representatives from Jethro, an autonomous agency of the Government of Japan are promoting in the region the Foodex 2015 international food fair, where business meetings will be conducted between food providers in different areas of the world and Japanese buyers.

Japanese Investors Mission to Guatemala

September 2013

This week a Japanese trade mission will arrive in the country looking for business opportunities in the alternative energy sector.

From a press release published in Diario de Central America:

In order to conduct business meetings with officials from the Ministries of Economy and Energy and Mines, this week will see the arrival of a delegation from Japan, which is interested in investing in alternative energy, said Byron Escobedo the Guatemalan ambassador in the Asian nation.

Business Opportunities in Japan

March 2013

The Japanese food industry provides only 40% of the country's consumption. The remaining 60% is imported from other countries.

The Handbook on Opportunities for Nicaraguan products in the Japanese market, developed by the Center for Exports and Investments of Nicaragua (CEI by its initials in Spanish) and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA), focuses on the practical possibilities for placing Nicaraguan products in the Asian country , but the analysis and conclusions of the study can be extrapolated to all Central American countries.