Environmental Permits in Costa Rica Expedited

The Alvarado administration announced a new platform that will serve to digitalize the process of procedures under form D2, which are used to manage studies of low environmental impact.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

The platform will initially simplify the registration and tracking of D2 forms, which represents 54% of all cases. The remaining 46% of cases, of medium and high impact, will also be reviewed more thoroughly thanks to a reform of the General Regulations on Environmental Impact Assessment Procedures, explains the official statement.

The document adds that "... Another of the measures presented is the Digital Environmental Journal, which will be operating in August. It is a platform worked together with CFIA to generate traceability, transparency, control and inspection of activities, works and projects. The objective of the Log is to simplify internal administrative processes, save response times and improve the control of projects in the field."

Cynthia Barzuna, Setena's technical secretary, explained to Elfinancierocr.com that "... We seek within the transformation of the institution, that there is no increase in costs for users (...), we propose to boost the processes of environmental impact assessment, for them we need to migrate to a better entity."

Are you interested in construction projects in Central America?


Keep track of all the projects that will be developed in the region through our online interactive Construction Platform. More info here


More on this topic

The Eternal Problem of Environmental Procedures

August 2018

Entrepreneurs in Honduras are demanding that procedures for the issuance of environmental licenses be simplified, a process which can take up to two years.

According to the affected sector, one of the causes of delays in the delivery of environmental licenses, which are needed for some projects to start, is the lack of technicians at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MiAmbiente).

More Time to Comply with Environmental Permits

July 2018

In Guatemala, the government has extended until January 3, 2020, the timeframe for regularizing projects, works, industries or activities that do not have an environmental impact study.

Through agreement 137-2016, the government gave a period of two years for the environmental regularization of the different industries to take place, this period expired on July 11 of this year. 

A Digital System for Environmental Impact Studies

May 2017

The new digital platform for the processing and evaluation of environmental impact studies in Panama will be ready in June 2018.

The process to modernize the management system for environmental impact studies (EIA) in Panama is being developed by the Ministry of Environment. The department head, Emilio Sempris, explained to Prensa.com that "... the tool needs to be updated. We have been working for a year with the Panamanian Chamber of Construction, associations and guilds. Currently the evaluation process is done manually and takes 60 business days."

Guatemala: Environmental Permits Streamlined

November 2015

A proposal has been made to amend the regulations for environmental control so the SMEs can submit affidavits instead of environmental impact studies when applying for environmental permits.

The proposal by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources aims to simplify the processes to be followed when requesting authorization of environmental permits for the development of construction projects.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Infrastructure & Construction

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Tailor made software for construction companies

O4Bi is a system that allows to control and manage what a company needs: the complete process of development of works, accounts receivable, treasury, banks, sales and accounting.
O4Bi is a very robust system that allows to control and...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jan 15)
Brent Crude Oil
55.13
Coffee "C"
129.8
Gold
1,828
Silver
24.745