El Salvador: Investments in Electricity Distribution

The electricity distributor Delsur will be investing $14 million in 2015 in the construction of new substations and the purchase of technical and protective equipment.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

In 2014 the distribution of Electricity Delsur invested $13 million in several works to strengthen its electrical system, and this year representatives announced plans to increase the amount to $14 million, to be allocated to the expansion of the electricity network, the modernization of the commercial system which that measures the energy consumption of users, and the acquisition of new technical equipment, among other things.

Roberto Gonzalez, CEO Delsur told Elsalvador.com that "... Along with this investment the company is renovating the trading system which allows them to measure the energy consumption for customer service and billing. The process to modernize the computer system will cost $7 million, in a process that began last year and is expected to finish in 2016. "

"... Every year we invest to upgrade (the grid). We dont need to replace it, but rather, making it grow. The part which has already reached its useful life span will be modernized but it is a process of continuous change.








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Electric Network: $14 Million Investment Announced

February 2020

In El Salvador, the electricity distribution company Delsur announced that this year it plans to invest in building a substation, increasing power transfer capacity and electrifying rural areas.

Directors of the company reported that for this year it is considered to start the construction of the new substation El Volcán, which will serve as an energy supply point for the metropolitan area of Santa Tecla and will require about $2.6 million.

Guatemala: 2016 Electricity Market Figures

May 2017

In the past year 440.5 MW were installed, of which 60% correspond to hydroelectric plants and the remaining 40% to thermal plants.

From the "2016 Statistical Report on the electricity subsector", by the Ministry of Energy and Mines:

In 2016, there was an increase in Guatemala's generation park with the entry into operation of several plants and hydroelectric generation plants, as well as cogeneration plants using biomass and coal.

$472 million for Improvements to Power Grid

November 2011

The Government of Honduras has decided to solve its age old problem of energy loss by investing in the improvement of transmission and distribution.

With a huge investment, the Honduran government will implement a plan to improve the power distribution network in the country, which for years has caused problems due to its deteriorated condition.

El Salvador: $3.2 Million for Electricity Network

June 2009

To improve the southern electricity distribution service, Delsur, the company has built a substation and a 46,000 volts distribution line.

The Delsur project to build the Masajapa substation was developed after a request from an industrial client for an exclusive line for its facilities.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Business and Investment

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jan 22)
Brent Crude Oil
55.370
Coffee "C"
125.35
Gold
1,856
Silver
25.5