Dominican Republic: Exports increase 10%

From January to September of this year, the country's exports reached $7,157 million, registering a 10% increase compared to the same period last year.

Friday, November 2, 2018

The General Directorate of Customs reported that total exports during January-September 2018 totaled US$7,157.44 million, an increase of 9.92% compared to 2017. For this period, 60.93% of exports belong to the free trade zones regime, 35.92% to the national regime, 3.07% to temporary admission and the remaining 0.09% to re-export.

The national regime's exports during January-September 2018 totaled US$2,570.97 million, an increase of 9.14% with respect to January-September 2017. It should be noted that 53.27% of the national regime's exports belong to metal goods, while the remaining 46.73% are non-metallic goods, according to the document.

On the other hand, total imports during January - September 2018, rise to US$15,170.82 million, presenting a growth rate of 15.42%, in relation to the same period of 2017. When considering non-oil imports, an increase of 11.23% is evident, rising from US$11,005.97 million in 2017 to US$12,241.51 million in 2018.

Download report.

Do you need to keep track of the key economic indicators in Central America?

Request more information about our Regional Economic Monitor.








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Nicaragua: Exports Fall 2%

December 2018

Because of the decline in sales in the agricultural sector, up to September of this year exports totaled $2.000 million, 2.3% less than what was reported in the same period of 2017.

The Central Bank of Nicaragua (BCN) reported that in the case of exports, reductions were registered in the agricultural (-7.8%) and manufacturing (-3.0%) sectors; in contrast, growth was noted in: mining (14.4%) and fishery products (4.1%), continuing with the positive trend observed in recent months.

Nicaragua: Exports Decrease 2%

October 2018

Between January and August of this year, sales abroad totaled $1.824 billion, registering a contraction of 2% with respect to the same period in 2017.

The Central Bank of Nicaragua (BCN) reported that at the end of August, the merchandise trade deficit "... Totaled $1,619.5 million, which was $174.2 million (-9.7%) lower than the deficit observed in the same period of 2017."

Nicaragua: Exports of Wire Harnesses up 22%

November 2016

Between January and September the value of exports amounted to $509 million, registering an increase of 22% compared to the same period in 2015 and 29% in volume.

The monthly report by the Ministry of Foreign Trade specifies that the export of harnesses represented 14% of total exports from Nicaragua during the first nine months of the year.

Central American Trade Statistics

December 2011

Foreign Trade Statistics for the period July to September 2011 by the Central American Economic Integration Secretariat.

Central American trade (exports + imports) reached $60,780 million during the first nine months of 2011. This exchange is 21.9% higher than in the same period last year, equivalent in absolute terms to an increase of $10,922.4 million.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Exports & imports

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(May 29)
Brent Crude Oil
38.170
Coffee "C"
97.9
Gold
1,743
Silver
18.499