Beef: Regional Market Up 4%

In the last five years, beef consumption in Central America increased 4%, from 335,000 tons in 2014 to about 347,000 tons in 2019, growth that was boosted by the Salvadoran and Honduran markets.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Figures from the "Beef Market Snapshot" prepared by the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, detail that in the last two years’ regional consumption of beef registered a slight increase, since between 2018 and 2019 it is estimated that demand in Central America rose from 341 thousand metric tons to 347 thousand tons.

The report states that by 2018, 79% of the volume of beef consumed in Central American countries corresponded to local production, while the remaining 13% was imported.

During 2018, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama concentrated approximately 69% of regional meat production, while the remaining 31% was produced in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras.

Between 2008 and 2018, per capita consumption of beef in Central American countries fell by 11%, a decline that was boosted by the Guatemalan and Nicaraguan markets.

CentralAmericaData's "Beef Market Snapshot" has the most updated information, which contains production figures and their destination, consumption and origin, prices, sales, per capita consumption and projections, with details at the regional level and by country.

¿Busca soluciones de Inteligencia Comercial para su empresa?

Contáctenos para conocer sobre nuestros servicios








this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's privacy policy and terms of service.
Need assistance? Contact us
(506) 4001-6423


More on this topic

Pork: Regional Market Figures

May 2020

In the last five years, pork consumption in Central America increased 42%, from 197,000 tons in 2014 to nearly 279,000 tons in 2019, growth that was boosted by the Salvadoran and Honduran markets.

Figures from the "Pork Market Snapshot" prepared by the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, detail that in the last two years’ regional consumption of pork registered a 3% increase, since between 2018 and 2019 it is estimated that demand in Central America rose from 270 thousand metric tons to 279 thousand tons.

Liquid Milk: Regional Market Up 16%

May 2020

In the last five years, liquid milk sales in Central America increased 16%, from $3,935 million in 2014 to about $4,566 million in 2019, growth that was boosted by the Costa Rican and Honduran markets.

Figures from the "Liquid Milk Market Snapshot" prepared by the Trade Intelligence Unit of CentralAmericaData, detail that in the last five years the volume consumed at regional level of liquid milk registered an increase, since between 2014 and 2019 it is estimated that demand in Central America rose from 3,907 to 4,202 million liters.

Beef Meat: Regional Sales Grow 4%

November 2019

From January to March 2019, the countries of the region reported $154 million in sales of beef abroad, and exports to Puerto Rico grew 12% over the same period in 2017.

Figures from the Trade Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData: [GRAPHIC caption="Click to interact with graphic"]

Central America Consumes More Pork Meat

September 2017

In the last five years annual per capita consumption of pork in the countries of the region increased from 4.6 kilos in 2012 to 5.3 kilos in 2016, and growth was driven mainly by Panama and Costa Rica.

Between 2012 and 2016 regional pork consumption has maintained an upward trend, growing from 205 thousand tons in 2012 to 249 thousand tons in 2016, which is an increase of 21%. 

 close (x)

Receive more news about Agriculture & Food

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Looking for Importers and distributors of furniture

Mexican manufacturer of office furniture seeks importers and distributors interested in dealing their products in Central America.
PM Steele is a 100% Mexican company, with more than 67...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(May 27)
Brent Crude Oil
36.320
Coffee "C"
106.65
Gold
1,698
Silver
17.445