Banrural Buys Procredit in Nicaragua

The Superintendency of Banks in Guatemala has authorized Rural Bank of Guatemala to acquire the shares of the bank founded with Nicaraguan capital, ProCredit.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

After Banrural submits the information and documents requested by law, the Superintendency of Banks in Guatemala (SIB) will authorize the purchase of shares of Banco ProCredit. reports that "... In late October 2014, the bank began operations in Honduras to assist small farmers and entrepreneurs with a portfolio of $500 million. "

More on this topic

Hostile Outlook for Central American Banking

September 2016

Moody's warns of the risks faced by banks in Central America in the context of a rising trend in interest rates and dollarization of their loan portfolios.

From a report by Moody's:

Mexico, September 14, 2016 -- Banks in Central America face rising asset risks as interest rates look set to rise in the region, pushing up debt service costs for borrowers, according to a report from Moody's Investors Service. 

Central Banking in 2012

January 2012

A Fitch Special Report indicates better positioning in the face of external uncertainty.


Strengthened Financial Performance:
The banking systems of Central America and the Dominican Republic (hereinafter the region) will continue to strengthen their financial performance as the region continues to recover its rate of GDP growth, estimated at about 4% by 2012 under Fitch’s baseline scenario.

The New Owners of BAC-Credomatic

July 2010

Luis Carlos Sarmiento Angulo, one of the richest men on earth, is the owner of Grupo Aval, which controls some of the largest banks in Colombia.

Grupo Aval agreed to purchase 100% of the shares of BAC-Credomatic from GE Capital for $1.9 billion. Currently, GE owns 75% of BAC-Credomatic and agreed to buy the remaining 25% to sell it to Grupo Aval.

Central American Banks: Annual Results and Perspectives

April 2009

Fitch Ratings reported that the risks to regional banks during the current crisis are growing and represent a major challenge for 2009.

The combination of reduced credit expansion, fund restrictions and increasing loan provisions have limited the profits of most banks and it is expected for these factors to continue to pressure the results in the coming months.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Banking

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

Heavy Equipment: Reps Wanted

Recognized Brazilian company of backhoe loaders, telescopic, articulated and other types of cranes looking for companies interested in representing the brand and distributing their machinery in Central America and Mexico.
The company manufactures and sells telescopic,...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Aug 5)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"