Car Repair Workshops: Where are they Located?

In Costa Rica there are about 4,600 lubricant centers and auto mechanic workshops in operation, of which 24% are located in the cantons of San José, Alajuela and Cartago.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Analysis carried out by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData shows interesting results regarding the location of automotive workshops and lubrication centers in Costa Rica.


According to figures in the report, the provinces of San José, Alajuela and Heredia account for 72% of the establishments identified.  The remaining 28% are located in the provinces of Puntarenas, Guanacaste and Limón.


See details of the geolocation system



When reviewing the figures by categories, it can be seen that the vast majority of establishments are independent, since 4,000 are of that type and the remaining 600 belong to a business chain.


Regarding the main chains of establishments, the interactive platform details that Super Batteries, Eurotaller, Repuestos Gigante, Emotion and Riteve, together make up 88 establishments nationwide.


In relation to the type of establishment, those that are grouped in the category of vehicle workshops add up to just over 4,100 establishments, followed by those registered as a fuel stations, with 121.


More details of the geolocation system


CentralAmericaData uses a geolocation system to identify commercial establishments throughout Central America. The tool allows points of sale to be identified and the geographical areas of influence for each of the locations to be characterized.  




More on this topic

Where are the supermarkets in Central America?

October 2018

In Costa Rica about 30% of supermarkets are in San Jose, Guatemala, the metropolitan area concentrates 45% of establishments, while in Panama, 32% are in West Panama.

An analysis of the Trade Intelligence area of CentralAmericaData provides interesting results on where they are located, who they are, if they operate independently or if they belong to a chain or business group.

Automotive business in Central America

October 2018

In the region there are about 15,000 lubrication centers, spare parts stores and auto mechanics workshops, and about 65% of the stores are in Costa Rica, Guatemala and Panama.

An analysis compiled by the Trade Intelligence area at CentralAmericaData provides interesting results on where and who are the stores that provide services related to the automotive sector in Central America.

Credit Card Sales in Small Businesses

August 2018

In Costa Rica, 36% of grocery stores and retail outlets have card payment systems, and on average they sell 27% more than those that do not have the service.

The data, which was collected between April and July of this year and is part of a study conducted by Fundes, shows that 44% of these types of businesses have bank accounts and 83% of establishments have an internet connection.

Hardware Stores: Business in Central America

May 2018

In the region there are nearly 4,000 retail points of sale of hardware products, 45% of which are concentrated in Guatemala and Costa Rica.

Analysis by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData yields interesting results about hardware stores function and where they are located in Central American countries.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Auto Industry

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Soluciones D&B, S.A.

Organization that operates in Panama.
Phone: (507) 226 2663

Company Profile

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jan 29)
Brent Crude Oil
59.480
Coffee "C"
107.55
Gold
1,567
Silver
17.355