10,300 New SMEs in Panama

In the first seven months of the year 10,292 new micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) were registered, 126% more than in 2009.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Records held by the Panamanian MSME Authority (AMPyME in Spanish) show that most of the new companies were in the exports, services and agriculture sectors.

"Of the 10,292 new companies, 60% have been formally incorporated while the remaining 40% are still informal, fearing the need to pay taxes, believes Giselle Burillo, head of AMPyME," reports Prensa.com.

More on this topic

Increase in Business Registrations in Panama

September 2012

In the first five months of 2012, 4.271 new company registrations were received.

A press release from the Ministry of Economy and Finance in Panama reads:

The Authority for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (AMPYME) reported that in the first five months of 2012, 4.271 new company records were received, highlights a report from the Economic and Social Analysis Unit of the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), according to figures provided by AMPYME.

135 Firms Now in Panama Pacific

July 2012

The amount of investment by companies that have begun operations in the former Howard military base, now Panama Pacific, is estimated at about $300 million.

An average of four companies per month are registering to operate in the area. The latest companies to arrive are BASF Panama, Kio Networks y Telered S.A.

Multinational Fukurawa Opens in Panama

October 2010

The company, with presence in 85 countries, announced it will open a branch in Panama City.

Fukurawa was founded in Japan in 1875, specializing in creation of electronic materials and chemicals, real estate, fuel, machinery and metals.

Laestrella.com.pa reports, “Minister Roberto Henriquez said the decision made by the Furukawa Company Ltd., to open offices in Panama, is in line with many other multinational companies which have recognized that in order to serve their markets in the Americas the connectivity, commercial facilities, social stability and the good economic policies provided by Panama, are hardly matched by other countries.”

New Companies Down 9.3% in Guatemala

July 2009

15.178 new companies registered in the Mercantile Registry in the first half of the year, 1.557 less than the same period of 2008.

For the same period, individual merchant registration diminished 15.9%.

"Even though he does not give an exact breakdown by sector, Oscar Lino Marín, Mercantile Registry advisor, indicates that 'most of the new companies belong to the commerce and services sector'", stated an article in Sigloxxi.com.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Business and Investment

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

Gluten-free food business for sale

Operating Company dedicated to the manufacture of gluten-free and sugar-free products, OHNE brand.
The OHNE brand has 8 product lines: square bread, sweet...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Nov 27)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"