In order to access this certification interested companies must be up to date with tax and customs payments, tax requirements, and review legal and administrative processes, industrial safety and human resources. The cost of certification varies according to the processes which need to be improved.
The tender for the operation and maintenance of scanners at the National Customs Authority has been interrupted by two companies complaining about the process.
Prensa.com reports: "Consorcio Cotecna and Consorcio SGS Scanning Panamá opposed the decision of the evaluation committee which disqualifed them and declared the winner to be Consorcio Mc Millan, Ebco, Nuctech".
On 20 and 21 May, representatives from more than 20 countries in America will discuss in El Salvador the features of this tool and its influence on foreign trade.
From a press release issued by the Ministry of Economy in El Salvador:
El Salvador has been selected as the site to host the Third Meeting of Single Foreign Trade Windows, an event that is sponsored by the Inter-American Development Bank and will be attended by representatives from 27 countries of Latin.
Differences in customs processes between Central American countries to date are preventing them from trading as a block, in this case, with the EU.
According to the manager of the Integration and Trade Sector at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Antoni Estevadeordal, trade agreements themselves are not a guarantee of success."It is not enough to have a policy of openness. To take advantage of the treaties you must have production policies that are short and long term, in education, innovation, and especially in internal infrastructure, which are the ones that at the end of the day let you take advantage of the deals," he said.
The function of the AEO is to contribute to the implementation of safety guidelines of the World Customs Organization in order to have a secure supply chain.
"The AEO certificate, issued by customs authorities in the EU and many other countries using the same or a similar name, is a trusted certificate which Customs offices give to traders who meet certain requirements which demonstrate to the customs offices their reliability regarding customs processes, solvency and safety. It is granted to operators involved in the chain of international trade, whether natural or legal persons, provided that the professional activity of these operators is subject to customs regulations, such as importers, exporters, manufacturers, representatives at customs offices, bearers, carriers , terminal operators, shippers etc.
Currently, Central America has 96% of its tariff code harmonized, and the remaining 4% will be discussed over the next two years. A unique, harmonized tariff code should be ready by 2012, when the Association Agreement with the European Union is expected to come into effect.
ATS El Salvador is a Customs Agency with 26 years of providing services for imports, exports, transits, consultancies and international transport.
Operates in El Salvador
Phone: (503) 2235 6522 - (503) 2235 6524
We are specialized in Ocean, Air, trucking (Land transportation), rail and house customs brokerage services, both import and exports to and from anywhere in the globe, cargo insurance full coverage, warehousing and distributions services.
Operates in Honduras
Phone: (504) 31726786 - (504) 25653465