Petroleum bill for the Isthmus increased 42.8% in 2008

The bill for the Central American Isthmus will increase to 42.8% at the end of this year compared to 2007, according to data from Cepal.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

In 2008 the figure will be $12.25 billion, while last year it was $8.6 billion, according to the analysis.

Victor Hugo Ruiz, economic affairs officer at Cepal, explains that said increase was due in part to the rise in international oil prices, although the volume of imports also increased.



Market Intelligence

Everything about oil imports in Central America.

Top importers - Quantities, amounts and prices.

more info

More on this topic

CA Oil Purchase Up 5.4% in 2009

October 2010

The total purchases came to $ 7,467.6 million, 5.4% higher than in 2008.

Data was supplied by CEPAL in their report "Central Hydrocarbons Statistics, 2009."

ELnuevodiario.com.ni informed, "According to the numbers, in 2009, 112.9 million barrels were imported, of which 87% were petroleum products and the remaining 13% corresponded to crude oil imports.

Current Oil Situation in Guatemala

October 2015

At the end of August 2015 production was 2.4 million barrels, 2.5% less than in the same month in 2014, mainly because of lower investment on the part of operators.

Low international oil prices are the main reason that companies drilling and extracting oil in the country have reduced their investments and therefore their production, taking advantage of the situation to carry out maintenance work in the fields.

Costa Rica: Higher Petrol Prices Could Trigger Inflation Hike

April 2011

The Central Bank considers that its inflation goals could be difficult to achieve with oil above $94 per barrel.

Several countries are facing the possibility of increased inflation as a result of the recent hike in international oil prices.

Costa Rica is no exception. The Central Bank had set an inflation target of 5% with the price of oil at $94 per barrel. This would go up with a more expensive barrel of oil.

Price Caps to be Maintained in Panama

June 2009

The new government will continue with the price cap system implemented in September 2008 to regulate fuel prices.

The intention of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to press for oil prices to reach $75 per barrel at the end of 2009 is a major reason to give continuity to the price cap system set in 2008 when the price of fuel in Panama almost reached $5.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Energy

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Cronite Automatic Engraved Stationery Press

3x8 Cronite Automatic Die Stamping Press with all supplies, tools and more, ready to run, 7 Years Old.
Haven't used in last 5 years. Used for one...

Stock Indexes

(Dec 2)
Dow Jones
-0.11%
S&P 500
0.04%
Nasdaq
0.09%

Commodities

(Dec 5)
Brent Crude Oil
54.640
Coffee "C"
145.85
Gold
1,176
Silver
16.69