Panama Attracts Construction Companies

The FTA between Costa Rica and Panama has opened business opportunities for construction companies in Costa Rica.

Monday, May 18, 2009

A group of 11 Costa Rican companies will participate in 80 business meetings from May 20 - 22 in Panama. At the event which is organized by the Costa Rican Foreign Trade Promoter (Procomer), companies are looking to promote "materials such as flooring, plastic tiles, wood, bronze, iron and aluminum castings, decorative posts, nails and framework."

Journalist Tatiana Gutierrez Wa-Chong wrote for Press Freedom in Costa Rica: “Costa Rica and Panama signed an FTA on August 7, 2007, with positive results for the industry which managed for 94% of its products to be handled through free trade and only the remaining 6% to have tariffs eliminated in periods ranging from 5 to 17 years. Rules of origin were also negotiated to suit the reality of the national productive sector."

More on this topic

Expanding Markets: South Korea

July 2010

The southeast Asian country is a large importer of food and its consumers are highly demanding.

These are the two main characteristics about the South Korean market identified by Costa Rica's export promotion agency, Procomer.

An article published by Elfinancierocr.com highlights the recent Free Trade Agreement (FTA) reached with this country, to which Costa Rica has largely sold Intel microprocessors, coffee and fresh fish.

Growing Demand in Europe for Costa Rican Liquor

November 2013

In the last four years exports of distilled spirits and ethyl alcohol to Europe have tripled.

Improvements in both the quality and productivity have allowed Costa Rican companies to increase their presence not only in America but also in Europe.

Elfinancierocr.com reports: "Interestingly, on the website of Economics Trading Indicators - used as a reference by the Costa Rican Oil Refinery (Recope) - it states that the international prices of ethanol (ethyl alcohol) decreased 16.6 % in the last 12 months " . This means that despite the drop in prices, Costa Rican exports increased.

Costa Rica Forced to Import Cattle

April 2013

The drastic decrease in the number of livestock has generated a significant increase in imports of cattle in order to satisfy the demand for beef.

Information from the Foreign Trade Promotion Office (Procomer), reveals that in 2012, Costa Rica imported 11 times more live cattle than in 2011.

Regional Exports Fall 5.5% in First Quarter

August 2013

The January-March 2013 Newsletter by SIECA on Central American Foreign Trade is the first to include data from Panama.

Central, August 15, 2013.

The Secretariat of Central American Economic Integration (SIECA) through the Bureau of Statistics, Research and Policy, has presented the first American Foreign Trade Bulletin which includes data from the Republic of Panama.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Exports & imports

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Automotive and Industrial Oil Lubricants

OEHC Lubricantes cover the automotive, maritime, heavy equipment, industrial, agriculture sector and greases.
Minimum quantity one 40 FT Container (96 drums of 55 Gal...

Stock Indexes

(Mar 29)
Dow Jones
-0.20%
S&P 500
0.11%
Nasdaq
0.38%

Commodities

(Mar 30)
Brent Crude Oil
52.320
Coffee "C"
141.5
Gold
1,251
Silver
18.17