El Salvador: Insurance Companies Increase Equity

In the first semester, total equity for the 18 companies summed $216 million.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Association of Insurance Companies (ASES) also reported an 8.1% increase in technical reserves in the same period.

"An increase in occurrences covered by insurance and sales slowdown have forced companies to increase their equity and technical reserves", reported Laprensagrafica.com.

More on this topic

2014 Panama: Insurance Companies Grow by 8%

February 2015

Technical policies reported growth of 15.3%, followed by life insurance which achieved an increase of 14.3%, fire insurance and allied lines with 13.3% and health insurance with 10.8%.

From a statement issued by the Panamanian Association of Insurers (Apadea):

The Panamanian insurance market closed last year with growth of 8.1%, with a lot of challenges to face in 2015 such as promoting 100% penetration for policies, sufficient development in rates and more personalized underwriting.

Insurance Market in El Salvador Not Taken Off

October 2013

In the last five years penetration of the insurance market did not reach even 2% of GDP because people see insurance as an unnecessary expense.

According to Richard Cohen, executive president of the Salvadoran Association of Insurance Companies (ASES), penetration of this market has the potential to grow up to four times in the next few years.

Salvadorian Insurance Market Increases

August 2012

In the first five months of the year, the insurance market recorded an increase of 8% compared to the same period in 2011.

Raul Betancourt, legal advisor to the Salvadoran Association of Insurance Companies (ASES), noted that total industry premiums amounted to $205 million. "This growth is attributed to the pension insurance and life insurance contracts", he said.

Mapfre Confirms Association with Aseguradora Mundial

December 2009

The resulting society will merge Mapfre's operations in El Salvador and Mundial's branches in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala.

This transaction is estimated in $210 million for 65% of the resulting society's equity. Mapfre has the option to buy the remaining 35% in 2011.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Insurance

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Costa Rica Coffee Farm and Development Property

Sustainable 70 Acre Coffee Farm, San Ramon, Costa Rica Coffee Estate, development property with 20 titled lots, ready to develop with roads, water, power. Great Location, close to everything
Ideal area for living or developing an ecologically...

Stock Indexes

(Jun 28)
Dow Jones
0.54%
S&P 500
0.40%
Nasdaq
0.30%

Commodities

(Jun 28)
Brent Crude Oil
47.000
Coffee "C"
124.45
Gold
1,248
Silver
16.710