Public Debt Up 4% as of June 2018

During the first six months of this year Panama's public debt grew by 3.6% in six months, rising from $23.384 billion in January to $24.233 billion at the end of June.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

According to figures from the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Panama, in the first semester of the year, external debt has also reported an increase, rising from $18.371 million registered at the beginning of January to $19.603 billion registered at the end of June, registering an increase of 7% 

At the end of the first semester of 2018, 81% of the total public debt corresponded to external debt, and the remaining 19% to internal debt.  

As of June 2018, most of the external debt corresponded to obligations with private creditors, for a total of $18.627 billion, and the remaining $5.605 billion, to debt with public creditors. 

See details of the figures. (In Spanish)

More on this topic

Nicaragua: Public Debt Increases 5%

August 2018

In the first six months of 2018, the country's public debt grew by 5%, going from $6.487 billion at the end of 2017 to $6.828 billion at the end of June.

Of the total public debt, 83% corresponded to public sector debt with external creditors (US $5.6448 billion) and the remaining 17% to debt with the Central Government and Central Bank of Nicaragua with the national private sector (US $1.1835 billion). 

Increase in External Debt up to I Semester 2018

July 2018

At the end of June 2018, Nicaragua's public external debt amounted to $5.645 billion, 2% more than was reported at the end of 2017.

The Central Bank of Nicaragua reported that as of June the public external debt totaled US $5.6447 billion, which represented a net increase of US $35.6 million with respect to the previous month.

Panamanian Public Debt Continues to Increase

June 2018

Between May 2017 and the same month in 2018, the country's public debt rose from $22.96 billion to $24.849 billion, which is equivalent to an increase of 8%.

According to figures from the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Panama, in the first five months of the year, the debt has also reported an increase, rising from $23.373 billion registered at the beginning of January to $24.849 billion calculated at the end of May, which represents a 6% increase.

Panama: Public Debt Grows 13%

May 2018

Between the months of April 2017 and 2018, the country's public debt rose from $21.922 million to $24.8 million, which is equivalent to an increase of 13%.

According to figures from the Ministry of Economy and Finance in Panama, in the first four months of the year, debt has also reported an increase, rising from $23.373 billion recorded at the beginning of January to $24.8 billion computed at the end of April, which represents a 6% increase.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Debt Market

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Costa Rica Coffee Farm, Development Property $100,000 profit

Ocean views, waterfalls, 12 titled building sites, end of the road privacy but close to everything. An hour to shopping, medical services, beaches, airport, 30,000 new coffee plants!
One of a Kind Properties - Has Everything! Ocean views,...

Stock Indexes

(Apr 6)
Dow Jones
-5.60%
S&P 500
-5.10%
Nasdaq
-5.64%

Commodities

(Jun 17)
Brent Crude Oil
60.570
Coffee "C"
98.350
Gold
1,341
Silver
14.860