BCIE joins up with ICAP to attract capital to the region

BCIE (Central American Bank for Economic Integration) and the British brokerage firm ICAP will create a joint venture company BCIE-ICAP Capital Markets based in Mexico City.

Monday, October 13, 2008

The objective of BCIE-ICAP Capital Markets is to provide an electronic platform so that Central American companies can sell their financial products and overcome credit limitations affecting the region due to the financial crisis.

More on this topic

Joint Venture in Construction in Nicaragua

October 2016

The Costa Rican companies MECO and Productos de Concreto have formed an alliance with the Nicaraguan Lacayo Fiallos to create the construction company Concrenic, which has already started operations in Nicaragua.

With a joint investment of $5 million, the company Concrenic has announced the start of operations in Nicaragua, where it will specialize in the construction of pipes, pavers, blocks, poles and tiles, among other products.

Agreement Announced to Transform Waste into Energy

June 2013

Synergy Renewables, from the U.S and Grupo Rais, from El Salvador, signed a joint venture agreement for $462 million to install five plants which will generate electricity from trash.

"We have concluded the signing of the agreement of a joint venture with the North American company," which is "one of the largest in the world in renewable energy," said the president of the Salvadoran entity, Enrique Rais, adding that "it is in the amount of $462 million (...) for the assembly of five clean renewable energy generation plants throughout the national territory ".

Joint Venture Between CABCORP and PepsiAmericas

May 2009

Central America Beverage of Guatemala and PepsiAmericas will combine operations in the Caribbean, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.

This strategic alliance is aimed at geographic growth and expansion, and the final signing is expected during the third quarter of 2009. Under the agreement, CABCORP will control 82% of the joint venture and PepsiAmericas the remaining 18%.

China's CNPC signs Costa Rica refinery JV deal

November 2008

The 25-year agreement was signed during President Hu Jintao's visit to Costa Rica, CNPC said in a statement.

The deal calls for the expansion of the Moin refinery in Costa Rica and the launch of feasibility studies for a new refinery with an annual capacity of 10 mln tons.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Capital Markets

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones

ATENAS: 13 HA, 1.5 KM from Highway 27, US$ 11/m2

Prime Lake Front Real Estate near San Jose, CR Now Available for Development, an extraordinary commercial real estate opportunity.
A lush 32 acre/13 hectare plot located just West of the...

Stock Indexes

(Jun 23)
Dow Jones
S&P 500


(Jun 23)
Brent Crude Oil
Coffee "C"