BCIE issues bonds worth $5.2 million in Honduras

The bonds were auctioned off last Friday on the Central American Stock Exchange which operates in Honduras.

Monday, September 8, 2008


©image:

A release from the BCIE (Central American Bank for Economic Intergration) said that the bonds were issued to the main institutional investors in the market, including banks and insurance companies, for a period of 3 years, expiring in 2001, with a variable coupon linked to bills from the Central Bank of Honduras (-0.40%).
"After the issuing of the bonds in El Salvador in 2006, this is the second time that the Bank is turning to the public Central America market," Nick Rischbieth, executive president of BCIE, explained.

More on this topic

Honduran Bonds Pay 7.5%

March 2013

According to information supplied by Thompson Reuters confirmed by President Lobo, at this interest rate they received offers worth $2.5 billion, placing only $500 million.

(ARTICLE EDITED after publication)

According to information supplied by Thompson Reuters "On Tuesday Honduras released sovereign bonds worth $500 million, up to 2024 with a yield of 7.5 percent, or a difference of 547.9 base points compared to the equivalent certificates from the Treasury of the United States, published IFR, a financial information service by Thompson Reuters."

Guatemala Sells $50 Million in Bonds

September 2009

In the first day of the public offering the market demanded $220 million, with $50 million sold after analysis.

18% was bought by public entities and the remaining 82% by private investors.

"As tender offers were too high, we didn't closed deals through that channel. We closed them through bidding and the Stock Exchange", said Luis Alejandro Alejos, from the Finance Ministry.

Panama: Issue of $900 million in Domestic Debt

July 2013

The proceeds obtained will be used to replace external with internal debt, via an exchange or payment for the global bond Panama 2015.

"Before the end of this year we want to do another operation for liability management. This will be based on what we have left to reduce from the 2015 global bond, a little over $900 million.

Bonds Worth $1.08 billion During First Quarter

April 2012

In the first three months of 2012 the Government of Costa Rica sold bonds on the Stock Exchange for 420,000 million colones ($828.56 million) and $254 million.

By comparison, in the first three months of 2011, the Ministry of Finance had raised 438,000 million colones ($864.6 million) and $124 million, according to data from the Stock Exchange.

 close (x)

Receive more news about Stock Market

Suscribe FOR FREE to CentralAmericaDATA EXPRESS.
The most important news of Central America, every day.

Type in your e-mail address:

* Al suscribirse, estará aceptando los terminos y condiciones


Capitales.com

Organization that operates in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Panama.
Phone: (506) 2280 5130

Company Profile

Stock Indexes

(Dec 2)
Dow Jones
-0.11%
S&P 500
0.04%
Nasdaq
0.09%

Commodities

(Dec 5)
Brent Crude Oil
55.7
Coffee "C"
145.85
Gold
1,165
Silver
16.580